Two out of Four ain’t so bad…
This week was a tester week for me. I had four solid goals…rewrites for A Familiar Kiss, complete No Dragon, No Problem, Chapter Two for Enraptured, and Chapter One for Feral Hunger.
So how did I do?
- I made it to page 45 of 111 on A Familiar Kiss. Not bad. Didn’t make my V-Day goal, but this one is being quite the bugbear.
- No Dragon, No Problem completed. YES! I had a little mini dance. Edits for this puppy will start on Monday.
- Enraptured and I are working through our problems today. 😀 Chapter two is an all action sequence, so I’ll be able to complete the chapter!
- Chapter one for Feral Hunger completed. YES!
So what craziness conspired this week? LOL! V-Day week seems to consistently be self-doubt week of the year (four years running). I thought I’d made a huge mistake doing this full-time (I’m not wishy-washy, I promise! Just worried about family finances). So hubby goes out and gets a job just like *snap* that. First time in the history of ever for either one of us. Wow, right? So I could focus again, and then Kim Knox
did this AMAZING post
this week that just snapped me out of the fugue.
You guys suffered through a crazy Q n A
for the Platform Campaign. Turns out I’m a happy hooker (crochet joke) with a sword cane obsession, and am the great great granddaughter of a notorious moonshiner who changed his name to protect his family. Oh…and La Freak
by Chic was the most popular song the day I was born. Subtle. Very subtle (so much better than Rod Stewart’s Do Ya Think I’m Sexy
which would have been on my due date).
So what am I looking forward to this week?
I like having four objectives a week. It’s another test week so I can make sure I’m doing what needs to be done. If I can’t meet four goals this week…well, I may have been a bit more ambitious than I want to admit. 😉
So specific writing goals:
- Continue hacking away at A Familiar Kiss. Once I’m done with that, it’s set it up for submission, send it off, and begin edits on No Dragon, No Problem.
- Finish Beauty’s Beast (formerly Thief)
- Complete Enraptured Chapter Three
- Complete Feral Hunger Chapter Two
That’s a little over 23k this week to accomplish. We’ll see how I do.
Monday is a holiday here in the states, so I’ll get done what I can. Tuesday the kids go back to school. Wednesday is the final load of furniture from Alaska (YAY!), and I have to meet with someone. Thursday and Friday are base stuff. Next Monday is my official last day in the service. 🙂 I’m not sure if we’re actually going to do anything, but I know I’ll be happy. 🙂
Goals for the week:
- A Familiar Kiss Rewrites (Pages, not words)
- Beauty’s Beast
- Enraptured Chapter Two and Three
- Feral Hunger/Primal Intent Chapter One and Two
Until we chat again, keep writing!
This is a BLOG HOP! Check out other awesome writers HERE!