Hello Readers! Welcome back to the insanity of my writing blog. It is the first week of 2016 and I’m knee-deep in dragons, demons, and deadlines. All related to fiction, of course. 😀
Some publishing news first: WTF Dragons (the Dragons of Werthing Ton Fallorian, of course) are back! No Dragon, No Problem and Once Upon a Dragon have received a new cover facelift, and books 3, 4, and 5 are in my queue to be finished. This week I’ll be focusing on book 3: Dragons Never Lie. My goal for the week is going to be in hours vs. word count. I’ll dedicate ten hours this week to WTF Dragons 3.
My FreeWrite Book of the quarter is Shadow Lies, an epic fantasy that recently recaptured my attention from my ancient work in progress folder. I will only work on it after I finish my WTF Dragon goal of the day. It’s in a genre I don’t usually write in so it’s sparking a different part of my brain and allowing me to take chances I normally wouldn’t (in erotic romance, anyway). So far it’s a straight fantasy work, but we’ll see if a romance develops in the story line.
It’s also the start of A Round of Words in 80 Days or #ROW80 on all social media outlets. It’s the quarterly writing challenge that knows you have a life. So this means I get to pick my own goals for the quarter. I will only have 2-3 hours per day this semester as my college course load is super intense. What follows are my FIRST QUARTER goals. I know it seems like a lot but a great deal of these titles are already almost done.
Contracted Works to turn in:
- Dragons Never Lie (WTF Dragons 3)
- Dragon Arse (WTF Dragons 4)
- A Tail of Two Dragons (WTF Dragons 5)
- Dark Rider (The Fallen 2)
- Sky City Multi Author Book (Title tbd)
Indie Books to write, edit, polish, and publish:
- Devil’s Due (Silver Tongued Devils 2) (currently in the revision phase)
- Winter Guardian (The Fallen 1) (currently in the expansion and revision phase)
- Last Rites (Reverted Rights book that needs extensive rewrites)
- Voodoo Carnival Boxed Set (currently in the formatting for publication phase)
- A Wish Before Dying Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4 and Boxed Set (Holly Savage)
FreeWrite Book for the quarter (the book I work on after I meet my daily writing goals, my carrot on the stick):
- Shadow Lies (epic fantasy)
Are you participating in A Round of Words in 80 Days? If so, please go HERE to check out other writers in the challenge. Are you new to #ROW80 and want to learn more? Awesome! Check out the about page HERE.
I’m looking forward to seeing you on the next post.
Good luck in your week, whatever challenges you may tackle, and I’ll see you as soon as I can.