I’m giving away a $20 Amazon giftcard through Bitten By Books to one lucky winner! All you have to do is enter the rafflecopter contest. It runs from February 18th-22nd.
Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
This contest is the largest I’ve ever been a part of! TALL, DARK & ALPHA Presents: Over 100 ebooks, 40 paperbacks, an amazing amount of gift cards and swag! 33 Individual Winners and 12 Prize Packages! Enter for a chance to win. It ends January 24th (my birthday!) so don’t wait!
We have a fantastic giveaway to start the new year! Easy as can be, a second Rafflecopter Giveaway. If you participate in social media, you get more chances to win. 🙂 Super easy. Check it out! It ends in February.
Both Contests ROCK! So don’t miss your chance to enter!
Hey gang! *Edited for spelling errors LOL! I was, apparently, really excited*
Today Deep Cravings made the USA Today Happy Ever After Blog as a recommended read!
Here’s a screenshot with today’s news (and right next to LKH’s ad!)
The last time this happened was May 31, 2013 when Ditter Kellen and I made the list with Haunting Melody St. Claire:
I’ve made their recommended read list twice in one year! Surreal! Click on the images to go to the Happy Ever After Blog to find more fantastic books on the list.
Thunder and Roses came in at 94.5k. The full manuscript and synopsis have been sent to our editor. Time to celebrate! WOOHOO! I’ve already updated my original 3rd Quarter’s Goal post with the strike through and date completed. It’s so nice to be back on track. Fingers crossed that she’ll love it.
In the rush to get T&R done and submitted, I missed a Halloween submission call I’d been aiming for. I’ve decided to continue writing it anyway. I’m enjoying the story. 😀
Here is the rough blurb for Thunder and Roses:
Tonya Rose knows it’s time for a decade long conspiracy to come to a head, but no one can know who she really is. Her feral nature and instinctive mistrust have kept her alive for the past five years of deep cover. When her only choice is to run or face death, she runs. What she doesn’t count on is Dakota Thunder, a Council bounty hunter who never misses a target. Tonya is running out of time, and the only man she can trust is the last man who should ever believe her.
Dakota Thunder is no stranger to betrayal. From his childhood hell to the death of his sister, he knows exactly what his kind are capable of. No one escapes his justice. What should have been a routine bounty pick up drops Dakota in the middle of a deadly blood feud involving shifter trafficking, extortion, and murder revolving around one wise-cracking beautiful woman of leopard royalty. She gets under his skin, digging her claws into his heart and reminding him of things he’d rather not remember.
He planned for everything except Tonya and the evidence that could bring down one of the most powerful organizations in their world. Nothing could have prepared them for their explosive attraction or the depths at which a madman would fall in order to destroy everything they love. With nowhere to turn, and the net growing tighter, they’ll have to trust in one another to survive.
For your viewing pleasure…The NaNoWriMo song!
*taps microphone* Is this thing on? So the lovely Lady Gwen of Run, Gwen Run! Write, Gwen Write! posted an eleven question getting to know you session to kick off our online platform campaign. I usually avoid these like the plague, but in the spirit of awesome, I’m taking the plunge. *paper rustles quietly. single audience member clears throat*
1. What is your secret weapon of choice?
- Real life: Sword Cane.
- Sci Fi: Sentient Ship
- Fantasy: Flesh eating unicorns
- Urban Fantasy/Paranormal: My dry wit
- Steampunk: My metal arm, complete with all the latest accessories (pistols, anyone?); the werewolf queen as my companion; and/or McQueen, rake at large and handy alchemist.
2. If you could sit down for coffee with any historical figure, who would it be?
- Sam Houston. As a Texas History buff, he is the one that most fascinates me.
3. Any “famous” figures in your ancestry? Who and what did they do?
- Yes. The notorious Willum Wheeler (name changed, of course, to prevent the US Marshalls from getting too close) moonshine runner from waaaay back. Wasn’t a nice man. But he was famous.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Well, I’ve been almost everywhere. I would give anything to meet up with Lexxie Couper in Australia, or spend a holiday with Kim Knox and Lexxie Couper in Spain. Just because. 🙂
5. What was the #1 song the day you were born?
- La Freak by Chic. I guess that’s appropriate. 😉
6. What is your favorite genre to read and why?
- I’m a voracious reader. I guess you should ask what I don’t like to read…most biographies, technical manuals for things I have no interest in, or anything that’s going to make me cry at the end b/c someone dies. If I had to pick an absolute favorite genre…ROMANCE with all its subgenres. 🙂
7. Who is your favorite literary character and why?
- These questions always make me sigh. Grendel (from either Grendel or Beowulf). He knew what he wanted, was fiercely loyal, and gave Beowulf one helluva fight. If I’m not feeling particularly villainous, I would love to be Aeriel from Darkangel (of Meredith Ann Pierce’s Darkangel Trilogy). She was strong-willed, a brilliant storyteller, and unaware of her strength until it mattered most. Plus she went from a frightened girl to one kick-ass young woman!
8. Besides reading and writing, what is your favorite pastime or hobby?
- Crochet. What can I say? I’m a hooker at heart. 😀
9. If you could switch places with one person for 24 hours, who would it be? Why?
- I’m going to have to be boring and say…I really like being me, and being here with my family. So I really can’t think of anything. Truly.
10. What is the area you live in most famous for?
- The Alamo. LOL.
And last, but not least…
11. What are the top 5 programs you watch on television?
- Doctor Who
That’s it, folks. Nothing too exciting! 🙂 I hope you enjoyed this session. 😀 Won’t be tagging anyone, as I think everyone’s pretty much been tagged now.
On the writing front:
It’s strange how things work out. Our hotel overbooked so several families (including mine) have to find lodging elsewhere. I contacted a friend of mine (she’s in charge of Quilts for Kids in San Antonio). She knows a lot of people in the area, so I was hoping she could give us a hand about where to go. To my surprise, Ms. Barbara invited us out to her horse rescue ranch for a couple of days.
The kids are excited. I’m THRILLED. DH (SuperChef) is relieved we have a roof over our heads.
It’s the Montgomery way to pitch in and help in any way possible when someone gives you a kindness. So I’ll be spending the next couple of days cutting bits for Quilts for Kids, tending the horses, and helping to keep things tidy. The kids will help with the horses and dogs. SuperChef will be cooking up a storm. It’s the least we can do for Ms. Barbara’s willingness to take us on at the last minute.
And I’ll be researching my next book. Did I mention cowboys? Must have slipped my mind…
I also have some pretty awesome news…an editor from Entangled Publishing requested a full on a short novella. And get this…it was an online pitch contest. I NEVER get chosen on these things. How awesome is that???
I did it! Another submission is in the bag. Now it’s time to move on to contracted work. I have some holiday heat stories on the back burner. Today was a break day so I could relax a bit before hitting send. Isn’t it amazing that no matter how many times you do this, every submission gets under your skin? Wouldn’t have it any other way.
Tomorrow is my anniversary so I’m going to be offline. Don’t forget to give yourself a break every now and then.