First of all, Red Velvet Christmas: Hidden Confections is now available at All Romance Ebooks, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the Changeling Press website (buying from Changeling enters you into a contest to win free books for 2014’s releases!). Click on the links to go straight to the purchase pages.
Liam Merriman has one goal… draw the sexy Mia out of hiding and back to the spotlight where she belongs. He knows why she disappeared all those years ago, and he plans on picking up where they left off. Naked. In his bed.
Deep Cravings is available for Preorder at Amazon! My first ever preorder!
The Vamp Life sucks if you’re the only female vampire in the world allergic to chocolate. When a wizard with a penchant for kitchen magic arrives, however, things can take a delicious and sinful turn. Especially when he puts himself on the menu. Chocolate goes well with…everything.
Working this week was wild. Like a rollercoaster beyond the limits of my imagination. LOL! It had its highs, like those days where I slammed home the word count and then some. Then, on the other hand, I had those days were I was absolutely frozen in panic, wondering why I was even doing this. Those days are fewer and farther between, but they still come out of nowhere. You’d think after ten years it wouldn’t happen anymore, but I’m chalking it up to a hazard of the job and trying to have a battle plan for it.
Total number of words completed this week: 21,388 over five books. Deadline city, man.
How did I manage the word count jump? Cold Turkey, an app that locks out your most distracting websites and programs. It’s now been revamped, so check it out if you’re so inclined. They also work on donations so if you can’t make the jump because of the holiday season, you can start using it today for free. I ended up donating after a month’s use because I wondered how I’d ever written without it.
You can customize and tweak as needed. I blocked off from 8am to noon and 2pm to 5:30pm as non distraction time. No Facebook, twitter, World of Warcraft, etc. I can’t change it. And…the best part…last Sunday I scheduled the distractor blackout.
Monday I grumbled when I was cut off from Facebook mid post. And again when I was logged off WoW at the end of my lunch break.
Tuesday I was irritated when I got started, but my word count kicked butt.
Wednesday I was frustrated with my book by 2pm and just wanted to waste time doing something else. I forced my way through another 2.5k.
Thursday and Friday were non-productive for the most part. That whole panic mode I had. I worked through it by Saturday. On Saturday (I think it was Saturday, my days run together) I created a visual graph of what I needed to accomplish with check boxes for every 250 words completed. It helped give me something to reach for instead of arbitrary numbers. There really is something satisfying about checking off a column of boxes in one writing session. I have a column of 10 boxes, so each one is 2.5k. Easy, right? I don’t care if it goes above, because once it reaches the next 250 words, I mark off the next box.
Saturday was extremely productive and I have the checkbox visual to thank for that. Today I plan on knocking out the admin work for the week and getting right back into it. 😀
So now for the update.
Goals for the rest of 2013:
- Angel’s Masquerade (working title) submission 30 December 2013 (25k minimum, shooting for an April release)
- Holly Savage 1 Finished and off to edits (14k remaining, shooting for a January release)
- Silver Tongued Devils (Tall, Dark and Alpha boxset, releases 8 March 2014) halfway done by the end of the year (15k by the end of the year)
- Dragons Never Lie (WTF Dragon 3) a chapter per weekend (shooting for a February release)
- *A Devil’s Bargain done and submitted by 30 December (15k remaining)
- *A Pirate’s Bride done and submitted by 31 December (4k remaining)
- Final edits for Thunder and Roses (releases 28 January 2014)
* represents any leftover time I might have. LOL! Like I’d really have any, but you never know.
How I did this week:
- Angel’s Masquerade: 13k (up from 2k). I didn’t reach 15k, but I’m still close enough to make my submission with ease.
- Holly Savage: I’m at 5k on Holly. She’s giving me issues, but I expect it at this point
- Silver Tongued Devils: Less than 1k on this one this week. I was at my mental limit by this point. LOL.
- Dragons Never Lie (WTF Dragon 3) 2.5k. Chapter one done. YAY!
- *A Devil’s Bargain: Did nothing on this one this week.
- *A Pirate’s Bride: 692 words. Less than 3k left!
- TOTAL NEW WORDS: 21,388
Goals for next Sunday (color Coded for my own needs):
- Angel’s Masquerade: 20k (note, these are the numbers I want the book to be at, not the total to write this week)
- Holly Savage: 7.5k
- Sex and Magic 2: 2.5k
- A Devil’s Bargain: 2.5k
- Silver Tongued Devils: 2.5k
- Pirate’s Bride: 1.5k
- Dragons Never Lie: 5k
I expect to receive Thunder and Roses edits around Christmas. They’ll be rough, but necessary. It’s 94k after all…LOL.