It’s been a minute fellow writers. I had revisions dropped in my lap in the middle of NaNoWriMo. Plus some sharp curves on a story I had hoped was on track (but wasn’t). Here’s where I stood on my final for NaNoWriMo:
My two boys tried their best. The youngest won though his story isn’t *quite* finished. I had to derail the Familiar Kiss train (again) and get contract work done. Not a bad thing, but it’s frustrating. Am I ever going to get that novel done?
I’ve all but disappeared from the ‘net for about three weeks now. With 25 days left in the year, I’ve got a slammin’ list. Ready for it?
Goals for the rest of 2013:
- Angel’s Masquerade (working title) submission 30 December 2013 (25k minimum, shooting for an April release)
- Holly Savage 1 Finished and off to edits (14k remaining, shooting for a January release)
- Silver Tongued Devils (Tall, Dark and Alpha boxset, releases 8 March 2014) halfway done by the end of the year (15k by the end of the year)
- Dragons Never Lie (WTF Dragon 3) a chapter per weekend (shooting for a February release)
- *A Devil’s Bargain done and submitted by 30 December (15k remaining)
- *A Pirate’s Bride done and submitted by 31 December (4k remaining)
- Final edits for Thunder and Roses (releases 28 January 2014)
* represents any leftover time I might have. LOL! Like I’d really have any, but you never know.
Other things that may or may not have anything to do with extra writing this month:
- The last week of December Ditter Kellen and I will be having a meeting of the minds to go over plans for book 2 to the Thunder and Roses universe. The beginning of the year will be focused on finishing up Silver Tongued Devils and the cowriting projects I have going on (there are three, so far).
- My editor has asked for a proposal to continue the Kitchen Witch Society series. She wants the first three chapters and synopsis of the first book, plus synopses of the next books. I have to get to work on that ASAP.
- Another publisher wants FoxFire and the next two books so I have to get that finished and ready to submit (Ditter and I pulled FoxFire for the duration of the consideration).
- Did I mention that I still have series that need to close out? (The Hunger universe and the WTF Dragon world).
- Oh, and the free read that was supposed to be done forever ago? No such luck. Still have to work on it.
I’m wearing myself out, man.
Things of note for this month:
- Hidden Confections released (Buy any Red Velvet Christmas title from the publisher’s site to be entered to win free books for a year!)
- Deep Cravings is up at Amazon for preorder and releases December 18th.
- Blog Hop for the Red Velvet Christmas crew (more to come on this)
So let’s break down my goals by this week, shall we?
- Angel’s Masquerade needs to be at 15k by the week’s end.
- Holly Savage needs to be through the third murder by the week’s end (it’s easier to think of this book that way than by word count).
- Silver Tongued Devils needs to be at 2.5k by the week’s end.
- Dragons Never Lie through chapter three by next Sunday.
I’m going Cold Turkey a lot. A LOT, a lot! No internetz for me during the day as it is a huge distractor.
I’m back with a bang, baby!