Welcome back to the crazy writing frenzy that is the end of 2013. I am steadily chipping away at my works in progress. Being ill knocked me out of the game for almost two weeks, there. Thanks for the emails and well wishes. I couldn’t seem to stay awake and focused for longer than an hour or two at a time. It was weird. Other than the exhaustion and a few crazy fever dreams, I was writing.
NaNoWriMo has kicked off. If you’re looking to add me as a buddy or see how I’m doing, click HERE for my profile on the site. I’m Auburnfaerie and the account was created three months before I submitted anything (and became a published author). Random factoid. I was in the Air Force at the time and on the Luna Forums at Harlequin.com (when they first started them). Someone asked what branch of the service I was in and I replied I’m AF. Another chimed in with a hello AF, I’m such and such. After that, I just built a name with those initials. 🙂 Since I was in the Luna forum (fantasy with romantic elements) I went with a fantasy-inspired name.
Goals this week:
- Three short stories for That Magic Touch. Each story will be an experiment I’m doing where I’ll sell a small collection of shorts stories for 99 cents and give the readers a chance to pick what I work on next. – I have one story left to write in this one.
- Feral Hunger moves to the back burner until Shift the Night is done. – Got a chapter fleshed out.
- Dragons Never Lie I’m not sure what I want to do with this one this week. Everything I’m working on is pretty dark so I might need to lighten up a bit. – Never made it past Shift the Night’s goal.
- Deep Craving edits
- Complete and submit Shift the Night
- A Familiar Kiss needs to be at 16,670 next Sunday to stay on NaNoWriMo target.
- Finish my first pulp fiction challenge this week.
- The Captain’s Woman: Co-Written book I started years ago. My partner and I just picked it back up again and I’ve got a chapter to finish. – Finished a chapter on it. Will send it to my writing partner this weekend for her next round.
- Organize my new cramped office space. My research materials take up a lot of surface area. I didn’t realize how much until I had to pack it all into one tall bookshelf. Argh. – Started on this and it’s looking so much better
- Make sure I stop by and give you guys some serious love! It’s the start of the 4th Quarter and I’m so ready to truck along with you all. – Catching up for the past week!
Things that happened this week:
- I’m working hard in the Savvy Author’s Entangled NaNoWriMo Smackdown (Entangled is a publishing company. Click HERE to go to their site.). They are putting me to the test! No doubt!
- On target with A Familiar Kiss. I’m making the minimums each day, but kiddo creative writing takes a lot of different turns I didn’t expect. They’re fun, definitely, but it’s hard to concentrate (and not get too into it that I’d get upset at being distracted). All late night writing for me during the weekends. Daytime writing while the kids are at school.
I’m part of a fantastic group called A Round of Words in 80 Days, and if you’d like to see how everyone else is doing, check out the list HERE.
Would you like to be a part of our writing challenge? Check out the rules HERE.
Keep Writing and I’ll see you later!