Welcome to the first week’s update of Round of Words in 80 Days 4th Quarter of 2013. We’re in the home stretch. I’ve got less than three months left. My fourth quarter goals are pretty intense, but there’s a reason for this. I promise. 🙂 January starts a new round of writing for book two of the Thunder and Roses universe. The first one took six months so we’ll see how book two goes, but I’ve blocked off the first half of the year just in case.
This is my first time as a sponsor for A Round of Words in 80 Days (#ROW80) since the first year and I’m stoked. Everyone is so fired up to get their goals done. 😀
My kids surprised me with their interest in joining me during National Novel Writing Month in November. I ordered their workbooks, downloaded the free PDF versions, and downloaded their lesson plans (you should check them out if you’ve got kids. The elementary school one lets them do a lot of their storytelling for NaNoWriMo through pictures). Hop over to their Young Writer’s Program if you’ve got a young one in the house. We also started a cute blog (I call it the monster blog) called Will Write For Cookies. Expect it to be silly nonsense. Two days ago SuperChef also took up the challenge. 😀 Looks like we’re going to be a NaNo family. 😀
So why would someone like me, someone who takes National Novel Writing Month as a personal mountain challenge, decide to write with the entire family? I learned a valuable lesson back in the Air Force which has stuck with me. Nothing shows you the ins and outs of something until you have to teach it. I’m getting back to my roots…the first time I wrote a story. When fear, frustration, and panic hits, I’ll be right there with them, holding their hands through the process. If we’re lucky, they’ll want to keep writing. 😀 At a minimum they might come to empathize with what it takes to create, write, and stay motivated.
I’ve also found some cool new programs to show you guys later this week.
I hope you all are doing awesome today. 😀 Happy Writing!
Goals this week (Sunday to Saturday):
- Three short stories for That Magic Touch. Each story will be an experiment I’m doing where I’ll sell a small collection of shorts stories for 99 cents and give the readers a chance to pick what I work on next.
- 10k on Shift the Night
- Feral Hunger moves to the back burner until Shift the Night is done.
- Dragons Never Lie I’m not sure what I want to do with this one this week. Everything I’m working on is pretty dark so I might need to lighten up a bit.
- Format and upload Ravenous
- The Captain’s Woman: Co-Written book I started years ago. My partner and I just picked it back up again and I’ve got a chapter to finish.
- Organize my new cramped office space. My research materials take up a lot of surface area. I didn’t realize how much until I had to pack it all into one tall bookshelf. Argh.
- Make PDF copies of the two workshops I attended last month. The steampunk one was INCREDIBLE. So many thoughts racing around in my mind. 😀
- Make sure I stop by and give you guys some serious love! It’s the start of the 4th Quarter and I’m so ready to truck along with you all.
I’m part of a fantastic group called A Round of Words in 80 Days, and if you’d like to see how everyone else is doing, check out the list HERE.
Would you like to be a part of our writing challenge? Check out the rules HERE.