We’re two days into September and I have to ask…where did the days go?
We’re less than two months away from two of my favorite things: Halloween and NaNoWriMo. Three months until Thanksgiving. Four until Christmas. In less than five months we’ll be saying goodbye to 2013 for good.
Gotta tell you…I’ll be glad to see this monster go. The first half of the year was a nightmare rollercoaster of extreme highs and lows. I’ve counted my blessings, so don’t think this is a down and depressed post!
Let me tell you the good stuff:
- My mother’s health was given the green light of awesome. After last year’s heart attacks and all the crazy that came with it and recovery, she’s living happy and healthy in the gorgeous state of Indiana.
- My brother (the one who broke his leg at the kneecap in Marine boot camp) was also given the green light and graduated smooth and easy. He’s now onto the next round of his training and loving his new life.
- My littlest guy was given an amazing opportunity to take accelerated courses in school. His enthusiasm is catching, and I might just end up going back to college once the dust settles around here.
- SuperChef and I have trudged through the muck and drama of our RL to come out of the tunnel a little rough for the wear, but together. We’ve been knocked around by a lot of stuff this year. I don’t know what I would have done without him. He’s told me the same thing a few times.
- My oldest son has done a complete 180 in school. Not only is he trekking in passing grades, he’s rocking A’s.
- We gained a new furkid in the family. Puck, just a mischievous as his namesake and built like a tank, has brought so much joy into our lives. He’s jut the best!
- Haunting Melody St. Claire released in May with a (personal) record-breaking launch. It hit #5,790 on in all Amazon Kindle books. 😀 I was pretty stoked by that. In 2012, FoxFire made it to #8,901 with Primal Hunger following close behind at #9,807.
Submissions to date for 2013:
Haunting Melody St. Claire (novella) submitted and accepted in February (we’d had a revise and resubmit request in January for the book). Released May 31, 2013
Thunder and Roses (novel) submitted July 2013
Private Cowboy (short story) submitted (short story) July 2013
Chocolate Kiss (quickie: less than 15k but greater than 7k) submitted August 2013
The Collector (short story) submitted (and politely rejected) August 2013
The Eyes of Sol (NA Sci Fi pitch) completed August 2013
Today: Hidden Confection (quickie) submitted
That’s a lot of stuff out at one time. Here’s hoping September is chalked full of good news.
Total Word Count year to date: just over 195k
Goals for the rest of the quarter:
Feral Hunger completed
Voodoo Carnival Completed
Dragon 3 (still working on a title) submitted by the 18th.
Enter HQ’s so you think you can write contest
Finish up edits on:
- To Chase a Werewolf
- Last Rites
I’ll be back on track with my Round of Words in 80 Days posts starting Wednesday.