How did I do this week?
- Became a full-time writer on 16 January
- Edits completed for Primal Hunger, my first novel (and EC book!)
- Sweet Simone completed (short story aimed at Cleis Press’s Bondange Anthology)
- Moved to Texas from Alaska this week (Took four days)
- Lived (and still living…) in a hotel room with three kids and a husband (without a vehicle until 9 Feb)
- Said goodbye to the military (and many great friends I’d made in the service)
- Re-evaluated my January goals
- Read three books from some of my favorite authors
You know…I thought I’d done pretty crappy this week. When I look at all I’ve accomplished, I’m not so disappointed. I suppose this is a prime example of why accountability is so important to a writer.
Today will be non-fiction focused as I have deadlines to complete. I’ll also be creating my 2012 writing challenge spreadsheet. I know I’m behind, but I had a LOT going on. At least I’m doing it in January instead of September like I did last year. 🙂
January’s new goals:
- 5 hours writing per day
- Complete all final outprocessing requirements for the military (insurance, dental, etc)
- Find a house 😉
- Cook dinner four times a week (I have to write it down or I’ll get sucked into writing…SuperChef will be cooking the other three nights).
January’s Writing Goals
- Medical Mystery partial (still untitled)
- Thief started (Modern day Beauty and the Beast novella)
- Marked (tattoo story for EC’s theme)
- Texas History novella fleshed out (Sexy mayhem in the pioneer town of Austin, Texas)
Pushed out to February (the month where my brother enters the Marines, and I am officially retired from the USAF)
- A Familiar Kiss (need to print out the ms to work on it)
- Fox Hunt (short menage in the wilds of Alaska)
- Nexus (Sexy cyber novella)
Pushed out to March and Beyond
- Enraptured (hot and wild fantasy adventure romance)
- Feral Hunger (Book 2 in the Sheon Wars trilogy)
I think that’s about it, don’t you?
Oh, did I mention that my birthday is on the 24th of this month? What a start to 2012.