Two out of Four ain’t so bad…
This week was a tester week for me. I had four solid goals…rewrites for A Familiar Kiss, complete No Dragon, No Problem, Chapter Two for Enraptured, and Chapter One for Feral Hunger.
So how did I do?
- I made it to page 45 of 111 on A Familiar Kiss. Not bad. Didn’t make my V-Day goal, but this one is being quite the bugbear.
- No Dragon, No Problem completed. YES! I had a little mini dance. Edits for this puppy will start on Monday.
- Enraptured and I are working through our problems today. Chapter two is an all action sequence, so I’ll be able to complete the chapter!
- Chapter one for Feral Hunger completed. YES!
So what craziness conspired this week? LOL! V-Day week seems to consistently be self-doubt week of the year (four years running). I thought I’d made a huge mistake doing this full-time (I’m not wishy-washy, I promise! Just worried about family finances). So hubby goes out and gets a job just like *snap* that. First time in the history of ever for either one of us. Wow, right? So I could focus again, and then Kim Knox
did this AMAZING post
this week that just snapped me out of the fugue.
You guys suffered through a crazy Q n A
for the Platform Campaign. Turns out I’m a happy hooker (crochet joke) with a sword cane obsession, and am the great great granddaughter of a notorious moonshiner who changed his name to protect his family. Oh…and La Freak
by Chic was the most popular song the day I was born. Subtle. Very subtle (so much better than Rod Stewart’s Do Ya Think I’m Sexy
which would have been on my due date).
So what am I looking forward to this week?
I like having four objectives a week. It’s another test week so I can make sure I’m doing what needs to be done. If I can’t meet four goals this week…well, I may have been a bit more ambitious than I want to admit.
So specific writing goals:
- Continue hacking away at A Familiar Kiss. Once I’m done with that, it’s set it up for submission, send it off, and begin edits on No Dragon, No Problem.
- Finish Beauty’s Beast (formerly Thief)
- Complete Enraptured Chapter Three
- Complete Feral Hunger Chapter Two
That’s a little over 23k this week to accomplish. We’ll see how I do.
Monday is a holiday here in the states, so I’ll get done what I can. Tuesday the kids go back to school. Wednesday is the final load of furniture from Alaska (YAY!), and I have to meet with someone. Thursday and Friday are base stuff. Next Monday is my official last day in the service.
I’m not sure if we’re actually going to do anything, but I know I’ll be happy.
Goals for the week:
- A Familiar Kiss Rewrites (Pages, not words)
- Beauty’s Beast
- Enraptured Chapter Two and Three
- Feral Hunger/Primal Intent Chapter One and Two
Until we chat again, keep writing!
This is a BLOG HOP! Check out other awesome writers HERE!