It’s another check-in day. We’ve been unpacking boxes, rearranging furniture, and all the crazy that comes with moving. My nighttime writing sessions have been a no-go since I’m usually too exhausted to stay awake. I finally had that day or two of rest I’ve needed since this adventure began back in January. Three days in a row of sleep for 12 hours at a time (which may or may not be due to having MY BED back -and/or- bone weary exhaustion). Yep, I think I’m finally rested. Last night was a seven hour sleep fest so I’m definitely back on track.
So what did I accomplish this week?
- Got the kids all their shots and back in school (YES!)
- Won a contest for a $25 Amazon gift card. OMG how awesome! Thank you Evanne!
- Unpacked most of my bedroom. I now have a desk and place to write YAY!
- Worked through a plotting issue with A Familiar Kiss
- Submitted Destitute and Undead to Entangled Publishing (the pitch win)
- Became a Coffee Time Romance author (so cool!)
- Thief‘s outline was completed.
- Entered another pitch. Will find out next week if it’s selected by an editor for an online live pitch session
- No Dragon, No Problem is at 6323 of 20k (started it on 3 Feb, I need to get in gear!).
- Created my author page on Amazon.com
- Joined up with the Platform Building Campaign
- Updated my website, the books section on this one, and my work in progress page
- Only produced 3k words this week (thank you #1k1hr on twitter!). Not good, but I’m giving myself a break and calling it a planning/spring cleaning week
You know, I think that’s enough for any writing week. No wonder I was so tired.
So what’s on the agenda for next week?
- Complete A Familiar Kiss and get it to my editor by the end of V Day
- Complete No Dragon, No Problem
- Complete Chapter One of Feral Hunger/Primal Intent (the title gods are debating on this one)
- Complete Chapter Two of Enraptured
What are the goals for the rest of the month?
- Complete one chapter ea on two novels per week
- Submit Chloe’s Kiss to the submission call
- Finish and submit Thief and A Clockwork Conspiracy (this one’s tentative)
Guess I’d better get on the ball. I’ll be running several #1k1hr throughout the day, every day, from my twitter account. You’re welcome to follow along. I use Tweetdeck so I can create a #1k1hr column. This shows me any time another group is running.
Goals for the week:
That’s it for me!