This week was very eventful. How have you been getting on? While I haven’t made my goal this week in word count, I have made many strides in other areas. In the last 10 hours, I have been getting to know my new software: Dragon Dictate. So far so good, but it needs a lot of training. We’re feeling each other out though.
I’ve been really encouraged by all the wonderful posts, twitter encouragement, and supportive comments on this blog and around the web. The round of words challenge is in full swing and I hope everyone is doing well. I can’t believe how much time is passed already. I have some personal deadlines to meet over the next week and a half so will be keeping a low profile. This new software is going to take up most of my time.
The most startling event of all is that my oldest son has suddenly shown an interest in journaling. He sat over my shoulder and watched me a go through intensive word training with Dictate. Something about it really triggered his interest, and all night he has been writing furiously in a journal I bought him for Christmas. For a kiddo who has, until now, shown no inclination toward language arts in any form, this is a quiet miracle. I won’t draw attention to it, because I don’t want him to be self-conscious about it.
It’s been a pretty cool week.
Summary of the week:
- completed edits on the first chapter of a future submission and progressed into chapter 2
- helped my critique partners with two of their works in progress and got a little love out of that myself.
- received my new software programs: Scrivener, Snow Leopard for Mac, and Dragon Dictate
- took time off from work to get my writing stuff on track, and take a (much needed!) break from work.
- completed 3800 words before I got my dictate software (Not bad if I do say so myself).
I have two other friends who are submitting to the same publishing house I am, and another who submitted for a wonderful anthology. I’ve also been asked to participate in a charity anthology on behalf of a very very dear friend. I hope the week has gone well fellow writers, and look forward to seeing your updates. I’m still learning the ins and outs of this dictation software, so please forgive any strange word mistakes in this text. I hope I caught it all!
Check out the other Round of Words in 80 days participants!